1. Atlantic City
3. Times Square as seen from a blacked-out lower Manhattan
5. The Empire State Building eerily illuminates a black Manhattan skyline
6. A transformer explodes on 14th Street during the height of the storm.
7. Security camera footage of the Hoboken PATH station as waters rush in
9. Jane’s Carousel in Brooklyn, which is now in the East River
13. A deserted and illuminated Times Square
14. Cars floating in a submerged parking garage on Stone Street, lower Manhattan.
17. Ambulances race to evacuated NYU Medical Center as reserve power fails
18. A flooded subway station at 148th Street/Lennox Terminal
19. Fires in Queens during the early hours of Tuesday morning
20. A 700-ton tanker on Staten Island moved a mile from where it had been moored
22. Hurricane Sandy leaves a rainbow over Manhattan as it dissipates
23. Another shocking photo of the debris left by fires in Breezy Point, Queens
25. Laguardia Airport, Tuesday morning
26. A time lapse taken from the top of the New York Times building of the storm rolling into the city