No, it won’t be twins. But a “delighted” Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their baby in July, their office said Monday.
A Palace source confirms Kate is not expecting twins. The source adds that the couple will not be revealing the sex of the baby.
A July arrival would allow the baby to share the same birth month as William’s late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, who was born on July 1.
Insiders say that the timing of the announcement means they have likely had their scans to show that the pregnancy is going according to plan. There is clear relief around the Palace that they have been able to release the news.
“Happy days,” said a source.
By Simon Perry
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s baby due in July – and it’s not twins (thetimes.co.uk)
- Duchess of Cambridge’s baby is due in July (london24.com)
- Prince William and Kate’s baby due in July: Palace (todayonline.com)
- Palace: Prince William and Kate’s baby due in July (hosted.ap.org)
- A mid-summer baby: Duchess of Cambridge due to give birth in July (standard.co.uk)
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s baby is due in July, St James’s Palace announces – PA, @NBCNews (todaynews.today.com)
- Palace: Duchess Kate’s baby due in July (cbsnews.com)
- More: Duchess of Cambridge is improving after bout of severe morning sickness – @BBCNews (bbc.co.uk)
- Kate Middleton Due Date: Revealed! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Palace: Prince William and Kate’s baby due in July (miamiherald.com)